Happy 2018 peeps. I am already so thankful to this new year. It hasn’t brought me a flare. nor an unexpected guest IN TO MY BED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. about this time last year, life was a big fat WTF!!! [read all about it]
but aside from that crappy January, looking back at 2017… it was a super great year:
- I went through a terrible flare but then that. was. it. no other flares for 2017!!!
- I received an incredible gift to take care of an unexpected financial burden. THANK YOU. (I need to write a post about what life’s like to have a chronic disease + own a home + be on my own. I should give myself way more credit than I do.)
- I celebrated the big 3-0- ! ‘Bring it, THIRTY. I am ready.‘ (well, not at first I wasn’t. for a while I was dwelling on my original life plan that didn’t pan out. according to the path I was on…by 30 I was ‘married to my #illinoisboy, tag-teaming our own design/construction company together, with a couple of munchkins alongside.’ but then life throws a curveball and we must figure out how to readjust our sails. but I digress. )
- my mom and I crashed a bachelor party in Duluth, Minnesota. LOL omg what a night!!! we were in town for a wedding and after the wedding we googled ‘country bar’ and then there we were! we (mom and I and this group of guys) had the bar to ourselves and we shut the place down! I have the coolest mom ever.
- I finally completed the residential design and decorating certificate I’ve been working towards for the last 3 years, √
- I travelled across the country (O’ Canada) to work THE greatest country music festival. incredibly grateful for the opportunity and fun that was had. the amazing people I met. xo
- I learned that you can’t be everyone’s cup of tea. a healthy dose of heartache is probably needed every once in a while. right?… it made me hate myself but taught me to love myself.
- I travelled to Mesa, travelled to Mesa and then travelled to Mesa ONCE MORE. (!!!) I love that place <3 Arizona is my second home. trying to figure out how I too can be a snowbird.
- I gave ‘online dating’ a try for the first time. more specifically, Tinder (LOL. good god.)
- I came to be good friends with VSL#3 (think I went through a total of 4 or 5 boxes) This has been my first year trying to use it as a preventative measure.. I start taking it as soon as I start feeling like a flare could be close.
- my brother and I got in a lot of bro / sis time. (probably because of breakups and a bad shoulder injury. #silverlinings) family times = best of times.
- I got my first corporate office design project. thank you ♥ Fort Rouge Glass ♥ for taking a chance on me. so so so so grateful. exciting + scary + rewarding
- I volunteered to take on the role of lead events manager for the Crohn’s and Colitis Canada Gutsy and Glamour fund-raising gala. (Manitoba Chapter)
- and the last chunk of 2017 was hard. I went through a solid 2 month run of testing times at work. which forced me to make some changes, set some boundaries, and learn to take care of me first.
- most importantly, embraced the tough times and heartache and LEARNED from it.