never in my #colitislife have I achieved that milestone. never before have I gone one full bleepin’ YEAR.
this calls for a dance party. and a glass of wine! ha. just kidding. better not push the envelope. I did have a whole bottle of wine and lots of cheese this past Saturday. insert monkey holding hands over eyes face here. i’m caught in an eating-my-feelings vicious circle. or it’s more like a tornado. Continue reading “today marks ONE FULL YEAR that I’ve been in remission. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)”
Happy 2018 peeps. I am already so thankful to this new year. It hasn’t brought me a flare. nor an unexpected guest IN TO MY BED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. about this time last year, life was a big fat WTF!!! [read all about it]
but aside from that crappy January, looking back at 2017… it was a super great year:
- I went through a terrible flare but then that. was. it. no other flares for 2017!!!
- I received an incredible gift to take care of an unexpected financial burden. THANK YOU. (I need to write a post about what life’s like to have a chronic disease + own a home + be on my own. I should give myself way more credit than I do.)
- I celebrated the big 3-0- ! ‘Bring it, THIRTY. I am ready.‘ (well, not at first I wasn’t. for a while I was dwelling on my original life plan that didn’t pan out. according to the path I was on…by 30 I was ‘married to my #illinoisboy, tag-teaming our own design/construction company together, with a couple of munchkins alongside.’ but then life throws a curveball and we must figure out how to readjust our sails. but I digress. )
- my mom and I crashed a bachelor party in Duluth, Minnesota. LOL omg what a night!!! we were in town for a wedding and after the wedding we googled ‘country bar’ and then there we were! we (mom and I and this group of guys) had the bar to ourselves and we shut the place down! I have the coolest mom ever.
- I finally completed the residential design and decorating certificate I’ve been working towards for the last 3 years, √
- I travelled across the country (O’ Canada) to work THE greatest country music festival. incredibly grateful for the opportunity and fun that was had. the amazing people I met. xo
- I learned that you can’t be everyone’s cup of tea. a healthy dose of heartache is probably needed every once in a while. right?… it made me hate myself but taught me to love myself.
- I travelled to Mesa, travelled to Mesa and then travelled to Mesa ONCE MORE. (!!!) I love that place <3 Arizona is my second home. trying to figure out how I too can be a snowbird.
- I gave ‘online dating’ a try for the first time. more specifically, Tinder (LOL. good god.)
- I came to be good friends with VSL#3 (think I went through a total of 4 or 5 boxes) This has been my first year trying to use it as a preventative measure.. I start taking it as soon as I start feeling like a flare could be close.
- my brother and I got in a lot of bro / sis time. (probably because of breakups and a bad shoulder injury. #silverlinings) family times = best of times.
- I got my first corporate office design project. thank you ♥ Fort Rouge Glass ♥ for taking a chance on me. so so so so grateful. exciting + scary + rewarding
- I volunteered to take on the role of lead events manager for the Crohn’s and Colitis Canada Gutsy and Glamour fund-raising gala. (Manitoba Chapter)
- and the last chunk of 2017 was hard. I went through a solid 2 month run of testing times at work. which forced me to make some changes, set some boundaries, and learn to take care of me first.
- most importantly, embraced the tough times and heartache and LEARNED from it.
Continue reading “Happy New Year and no new flare!”
this post is going to read like chaos. cause that is how life has felt for the last long while. or maybe it’s more like an intense overwhelmingness. I dunno. all I know is that soooooo much has happened this year. so so much. a TON of good. but since September I’m feeling like life has been testing me and teaching me some harder than normal lessons.
the last 4 weeks in particular have been intense. game-changer / ‘time-to-make-some-changes’ intense. I am truly amazed that I am not in a flare right now because the stress has been out of control. I don’t think, ever in my life, that I’ve felt so mentally + emotionally + physically overwhelmed all at the same time over such a long stretch. and there are some people I’d like to blame for that. but I cannot. because at the end of the day, I am responsible for everything that happens to me. and it’s up to me to not give other people the power to control my thoughts and actions.
If I do not go in to a flare shortly, then VSL#3 and chicken feet are saving my life.
colonoscopy first thing tomorrow morning so we will see what my guts tell mr doc. man.
step one. don’t do THIS↓ all summer long and you won’t have a flare to stop in the first place.
HA. just kidding. the stress from wine deprivation alone would be enough to put me in a flare.
lol. kidding again. kindaaaa.
Continue reading “how I stopped the next flare in it’s tracks.”